Thanksgiving is almost here. Do you know where your pie is? It's not too late to place your order and we've got just the people/places that can help you add that last, sugary carbohydrate to your Thanksgiving menu.
Without further adieu, we present to you the best places in town to have someone else make your holiday (namely, Thanksgiving) pies. Before you get all upset, these are in no particular order. If you see a blatant omission, do leave your suggestions in the comments.
1) Fluff Bake Bar, aka @sugar_fairy, aka Rebecca Masson. If her pumpkin macarons are an indication, any pie she makes will be the ticket to impressing your picky mother-in-law.
2) Flying Saucer Pie Company. A Houston classic for sure, you'll have a lot more than pumpkin and pecan to choose from. Not to be confused with that other Flying Saucer that is equally as awesome.
3) Pie in the Sky Pie Company. It's in the name for goodness' sake; not once, but twice. Locations in Conroe as well as the Heights.
4) Sinfull Bakery. And now for something completely different: vegan pies (and additional baked goods). Honestly, Sinfull Bakery's treats might even fool Paula Deen into thinking butter is not a necessity.
5) Ooh La La Dessert Boutique. For those in Katy, there are two locations in the area.
6) Luby's. Yeah, we went there, and we can vouch for their pies. Reminds us of spending lazy Sunday afternoons eating lunch with the grandparents. Plenty of area locations to choose from.
7) Goode Company. Pecan pie. Pecan pie. Pecan pie. Pecan pie. And one more: pecan pie. Ok, here are the details: To place your order to pick-up in the restaurant TODAY is the last day by 5:00 p.m. CST. Call the restaurant or 713.529.1212 to reserve.
8) Cafe Luz/Kitchen Incubator. Support your local, independent bakers and try something from the rental kitchens of Kitchen, Inc. downtown. Just contact them directly and we're positive they'll hook you up with someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to crusty goodness (and cheesecakes too).
9) Sam's Burgers, Pies & Fries. Another option for those of you out west. Grab a burger and fries when you pick up your order of pecan, pumpkin, sweet potato, or apple pie.
10) The Little Baker. "Small batch baking by request in The Woodlands and Houston metro area." Last day to order is TODAY.
11) Chris Leung. The uber talented pastry chef, who just happened to be in the running for an Eater Award this year, is also offering his version of pie. Get a sample of what's to come at his and Randy Rucker's upcoming restaurant, con?t.
· All Thanksgiving Posts on Eater Houston [EHOU]
· All Listicles on Eater Houston [EHOU]