- Shawarma machines in a pretty little row. [Gary R Wise]
- Second floor retail area with coolers. Wine sales in the back. Custom wooden shelves. [Gary R Wise]
- Second floor near wine area. [Gary R Wise]
- Bread conveyor where the dough goes back and forth, rests and cools. Machine made specially in Lebanon, transported in pieces and built specially for Phoenicia on site. [Gary R Wise]
- Food cases downstairs behind the main line. Runs from the kitchen to the far end. [Gary R Wise]
- ZOMG PITAS. [Gary R Wise]
First it was spring of 2011, then it was summer and now, Phoenicia Downtown's opening date is set for October. Whether or not it opens then is anyone's guess, but in their defense, they are hard at work making it all happen inside their 28,000 square feet of space inside the same building that houses One Park Place downtown. They've come a long way since the first time Eater took a look around.
What we're (and Phoenicia's owners) are most excited about: ZOMG! 150-foot pita conveyor imported all the way from Lebanon. See you in October?