What do Houston chefs eat when no one is looking? Eater asked 10 established local chefs about their edible guilty pleasures and were surprised by a few. Ready yourself for a healthy cheese to meat ratio, childhood favorites, high fructose corn syrup and minimal prep time.
1) Seth Siegel-Gardner, Pilot Light RG: A spoon full of peanut butter and Nutella in an exact 50/50 ratio.
2) Paul Petronella, Paulie’s : El Rey tacos.
3) Terrence Gallivan, Pilot Light RG: Bacon and tomato grilled cheese, right before eating a burger.
4) Rebecca Masson, Fluff Bake Bar: Little Debbie nutty bars and Red Vines candy.
5) Justin Yu, 10.10.10 Dinners: Shin brand ramen with a piece of Kraft cheese mixed in and an egg on top.
6) Carlos Rodriguez, Vic & Anthony’s: Kraft macaroni and cheese in the original blue box.
7) Chris Shepherd, Underbelly: Cold fried chicken.
8) Randy Rucker, Bootsie's, con?t: Whataburger.
9) Matt Marcus, Eatsie Boys: Flaming Hot Cheetos paired with a Code Red Mountain Dew.
10) Jason Gould, Cyclone Anayas: Marie Callender’s chicken pot pie.