- This hot dog cart will sit outside the restaurant to serve passers by
- Inside, the familiar purple and yellow Burger Guys colors
- Three flat screen TVs hang in the dining room
- Mazzu shows off the "piano" where they'll cook the burgers
- Fisch next to an ice cream machine capable of making four gallons in 10 minutes
With only a week or so to go before they expect the City of Houston to grant them a Certificate of Occupancy, owner Jake Mazzu and chef Brandon Fisch of the Burger Guys showed off their new downtown location on Main Street yesterday. Gone are the blood-red walls from former tenant Korma Sutra. They've been replaced by the familiar Burger Guys purple and yellow. A large flat top grill, which Mazzu refers to as "The Piano," has replaced the tandoor ovens. One benefit of the extra room will be an expanded range of ice creams. Mazzu says the new unit can spin up to four gallons in only 10 minutes; that will allow the Burger Guys to sell their signature 10 cup chocolate and cafe sua da flavors to retail customers.
Mazzu and Fisch expect to start training their staff immediately after they receive their CO. If all goes according to plan, the location will be open by the end of the month. Nothing says Halloween like akaushi beef and duck fat fries.
· Burger Guys to Open Second Location Downtown [-EHOU-]