Triniti, chef/partner Ryan Hildebrand's "sweet, savory and spirits" restaurant in River Oaks took a short spring break since opening last December to revamp their menu for the spring. Today, they reopen to the public, complete with a new menu for both lunch and dinner.
Eater, along with the restaurant's architect, Chung Nguyen, food writer Mai Pham, Culturemap's Sarah Rufca, author/writer/radio host, John DeMers, Houston CVB/Houston Culinary Tours organizer Lindsey Brown and many more, attended a 24-course tasting of the new dinner items (as a guest of the restaurant) last night.
Here's some of what chefs Hildebrand, Greg Lowry, Matt Lovelace, Jose Hernandez and the rest of the kitchen staff prepared for us (and what is new on the dinner menu starting today). And no, the number "24" is not a typo. Epic.
From the tasting (and now on the menu):
1) 'Bouillabaise': seafood sausage, saffron garlic panna cotta, rouille crumble
2) Asparagus: white and green asparagus, caviar
3) Spring Vegetables: lamb belly, minted english pea vinaigrette, blood orange
4) Bibb Lettuce: smokey blue, beets, tomato jam and bacon purse, spun carrot
5) Greens and Palm: long beans, hearts of palm, pear, cucumber, pine nuts, goat cheese
6) Lobster: leek and brioche bread pudding, thyme sabayon, sorrel puree
7) Lamb Sweetbreads: white bean cassoulet, lemon preserve
8) Caprese: tomato consomme, bocconcini, basil pesto, cherry tomato
9) Artichoke: crabmeat, limoncello vinaigrette
10) Foie Gras 'Breakfast': sausage, brioche, blueberry balsamic jam, quail egg
11) Tuna: kalamata tapenade, spring squashes, parsnip, chive flower, sea bean
12) Halibut: tarragon, white polenta, clams, asparagus
13) Capellini: shellfish cream, uni, red mullet, english peas
14) Duck: chard, strawberry, yellow beans, purple potatoes
15) Rabbit: loin, carrot puree, cavatelli, fava beans, quail egg
16) Poussin: confit hash, mushroom collection, madeira vinaigrette
17) Veal: blanquette, radishes, turnips, marble potatoes
18) Tenderloin of Beef: celery root and bone marrow mousse, potato 'bone', spring onion
19) Cheese Cake: strawberry sorbet, almond shortbread
20) Carrot Cake: raisin biscuit, cream cheese, carrot sorbet
21) Coconut Panna Cotta: toasted coconut, tropical compote
22) Chocolate Gel: popcorn ice cream, popcorn crumbs
23) Peanut & Chocolate: popcorn ice cream popcorn crumbs
24) Chocolate Cigar: smoked tobacco chocolate mousse, sesame praline
Triniti also started a new, 3-course pre-fixe lunch for $28 this time around. You can see the full menu revamp on their official site.
· Triniti [Official Site]
· All Triniti Coverage on Eater Houston [EHOU]