Sure, there are less dining options at William P. Hobby than there are at the "big" airport, but that doesn't mean you have to go hungry if you're flying in or out of here. (As long as you're a fan of Pappas restaurants or you're in the mood for some wings.) Pick up some pre- or post-flight snacks, beers or meals at one of these spots.
Here now, our list of dining options at this, the "other" airport. These eateries aren't ranked; as always, let us know if we missed a spot.
Best Bets Inside Hobby Airport
1) Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: This Pappas seafood joint serves up satisfying Gulf eats, including po-boys, scallion-topped gumbo, oysters and fried shrimp. Even if you're not in the mood for seafood, stop in and order a chicken-topped salad. Full service with a full bar. Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Saturday; 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Sunday. [Central Concourse, Food Court]
2) Barry's Pizza: Carb load here with hand-tossed Sicilian and Neapolitan pies as well as other traditional Italian-American dishes. The deep dish pizza on whole wheat and the variety of hearty salads will fill you up, no matter how long your flight will be. Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday-Sunday. [Central Concourse, Food Court]
3) Pappas Bar-B-Q: Don't fly out of the state without getting your fix of ribs, breakfast tacos, brisket and fine Southern sides. Because even if you're flying to another Southern state, let's face it, no one does barbecue as well as Texas. Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Sunday-Friday; 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Saturday. [Central Concourse, Food Court]
4) Pappasito's Cantina: Yes, this is the third Pappas establishment to make our short list, since the options here are more limited. The good thing is, you might avoid Tex-Mex withdrawal symptoms if you eat here before flying to a place that doesn't know good tortillas, queso and guacamole. Hours: 4:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Sunday-Friday; 4:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Saturday. [Central Concourse, Food Court]
5) Buffalo Wild Wings: Don't miss the game before your flight or upon arrival. Instead, head here for the familiar 14 signature sauces, draft beer and plenty of TVs. The wings are fast and familiar. Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Sunday-Friday; 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Saturday. [Central Concourse, Gates 24-32]
Euro Cafe: The hours are hard to beat at this grab-and-go snack shop, since they're open from 4 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pick up sandwiches, desserts or coffee. [Central Concourse, near gates 21 and 45]
Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins: The two ultra-indulgent dessert spots will be hard for sweets lovers to resist; especially because they're attached as one location here. And it's not just ice cream and doughnuts: this dual establishment also sells breakfast sammies, malts sand bagels. [Central Concourse, near gates 27 and 29]