Here's a quick recap of the most recent staff movement:
1) Sommelier Vanessa Trevino Boyd is heading to 60 Degrees Mastercrafted. Boyd is an award-winning sommelier who is well known for putting Philippe's wine program on the map. She will write a smaller wine list for 60 Degrees Mastercrafted, a River Oaks restaurant helmed by Certified Master Chef Fritz Gitschner.
2) Over in the downtown area, Raymond Vandergaag is replacing Ben McPherson at Batanga. McPherson moved to Houston specifically to help Brian Fasthoff and his brother Hank Fasthoff open that South American tapas place. He will remain in Houston to pursue other projects.
3) Chef Daniel Bridges left Caracol after a few days on the job. Co-owner Tracy Vaught told the Chronicle's Greg Morago that it wasn't a "good fit."
4) La Balance's executive chef Jose Hernandez stepped away from Cinco Ranch restaurant La Balance, the place he helped to open back in August of this year. Update: He's heading to Étoile.
5) After working for Saint Arnold, where she created popular shandies, Leslie Ross has joined the staff at two-year-old restaurant Triniti. She tells Eater:
Being given the opportunity to work with the incredibly brilliant people at Triniti is absolutely a dream come true. Under that roof is an absolute power house with chef Ryan Hildebrand, chef Greg Lowry, pastry chef Samantha Mendoza and their epic back of the House team, Isaac Johnson, Stephanie Perkins and their amazing staff in the front of the House, and lastly, being able to work with my best friend and fellow Lady of Libation, Laurie Sheddan behind the bar.
Another likely staff shuffle is one that we've yet to confirm, but the Houston Chronicle's Alison Cook Tweeted that she saw now-defunct Flora & Muse's Kelly Boyd on the line at Coppa Osteria. She says that he'll be working at upcoming restaurant Punk's Simple Southern Food, which is helmed by Coppa Osteria owners Charles Clark and Grant Cooper. That establishment is said to be opening in January.
· Sommelier Shuffles [-EHOU-]
· Chef Shuffles [-EHOU-]