Caleb Guiterrez of fancy Montrose cocktail bar Stone's Throw has dropped a new spring cocktail menu. It features bourbon, champagne, tequila, rum, vodka, and pisco along with lesser-known ingredients like Fruitlab Jasmine Liqueur and Hellfire Habanero Bitters. Read on for a play-by-play of seven fresh sippers you should get your hands on:
1) Pisco Punch | Hailing from Peru, La Caravedo Pisco lends an earthy tone to this classic cocktail. Pineapple juice adds a dose of sweetness to each sip.
2) Gold Rush | Guiterrez calls this an "easy, clean drinker that is light and refreshing but still has a boozy edge to it." He uses agave in lieu of the expected egg white and bitters, which lends a sweet note to counter tart fresh lemon juice and snappy soda water.
3) Humperdinck | Like a boozy summer picnic this drink blends Bulleit Bourbon, Liquer 43, lemon juice, muddled blueberries, mint, and house-made ginger beer.
4) Stone’s Shandy | At it’s core a shandy is simply citrus with beer. This version brilliantly spikes a hoppy pale ale with grapefruit vodka, lemon juice and peach bitters.
5) El Guapo | Guiterrez credits his love for The Three Amigos as inspiration behind this bright pink margarita twist that practically glows from within. Floral prickly pear syrup meets reposado tequila, lime, house-made ginger beer. An edible flower finishes it off.
6) Dark Phoenix | Bartender Rex Neilson developed this edgy Mai Tai riff made with organic Cruzan Spiced Rum, lime juice, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, and Hellfire Habanero Bitters. It's spicy but not overpowering.
7) Seasonal Punch | The strongest drink on the new menu, this blend of pear, jasmine and apple liqueurs, lime juice and champagne is served by the glass or in a cut crystal punch bowl adorned with edible flowers.