Wherever you fall on the political spectrum, one thing is always crucially important: exercising your constitutionally-protected right to vote. The deadline to register as a voter in Texas is fast approaching, and some Houston taco trucks are making it easier than ever to cast your ballot.
Houstonia reports that eight taco trucks are currently serving as voter registration centers as part of a partnership with Mi Familia Vota, an organization that focuses on expanding Latino involvement in local and national politics. The initiative comes after controversial comments from Latinos For Trump founder Marco Gutierrez, who warned that failing to vote for the GOP candidate would result in a “taco truck on every corner.”
The list of participating taco trucks (at present) is as follows:
- El Taquito Food Truck, 8429 Richmond Ave.
- El Ultimo Taco Truck, 1743 Jacquelyn Dr.
- Taconmadre, 905 Edgebrook Dr
- Tacos Mayra, 10510 Beechnut St.
- Tacos Tierra Caliente, 1919 W. Alabama St.
- Taqueria Las Glorias, 7400 Long Point
- Taqueria Las Glorias, 14520 Memorial Dr.
- Tila’s Taco Truckeria, 2309 University Blvd.
Mi Familia Vota is currently adding more taco trucks to its voter registration initiative, which means that your neighborhood truck could be next. The deadline to register as a voter is October 11, which means that you’ll need to hit one of these taco trucks in a hurry to get your democracy on while stuffing your face with barbacoa.