While the Astros were winning the World Series last night, some of Houston’s best restaurants were planning to reward the team in the best way possible: free food.
Last week, Riel Restaurant offered the Astros a free team dinner if they won Game 6 of the Series, also extending the offer to pitcher Justin Verlander’s girlfriend Kate Upton. Now, though, Pinkerton’s Barbecue has upped the ante — instead of just one free meal, the popular smoked meats spot tweeted that it would serve Verlander and Uptown free barbecue for life now that the Commissioner’s Trophy is officially on its way to Houston.
A similar incentive came from Ricky Craig, who offered the ‘Stros a lifetime of free burgers from Hubcap Grill. These offers pale in comparison to the number of free (and discounted) food giveaways for Astros fans in Houston today, including free chili dogs for the first 50 customers at Shake Shack and a gratis donut or kolache that can be claimed at Ashley’s Donuts, Kolaches, and Tacos.
After all this rooting and cheering, every Astros fan in Houston deserves a treat today. Check out the list below for a guide to all the free snacks in Space City.
- Shake Shack — free chili dogs for the first 50 customers
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt — free 3 ounce frozen yogurt
- Good Dog Houston — free dogs at both Houston-area locations, courtesy of Pink’s Hot Dogs in Los Angeles.
- Dessert Gallery — free chocolate chip cookies for the first 100 customers
- One Stop Craving — free fruit sorbet or hot Cheetos with cheese, must wear Astros fan gear.
- Taco Bell — One free taco, courtesy of base thief Cameron Maybin
- CoCo Crepes, Waffles & Coffee — free coffee at all locations
- Esther’s Cajun Cafe & Soul Food — Free “Astros punch”