Now that the storm has finally passed, the vast majority of Houston’s restaurants are back up and running, ready to serve up a side of normalcy alongside the entrees. Still, after taking on water (or worse) during the floods, at least a few local favorites are closed until further notice.
For folks who are able, getting out to enjoy the city’s restaurants this weekend is a solid idea. Houston’s restaurant scene is expected to take a financial hit from the storm that could linger for weeks.
Confirmed Closures and Delays
- Reef — Dining room sustained damage, no reopening date announced
- Underbelly — opening on Friday at 5 p.m.
- Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen (Eldridge) — no reopening date announced
- One Fifth — Originally expected to open on September 1, One Fifth Romance Languages’ debut has been pushed back to September 8.
- Lucky’s Pub — According to the Houston Press, Lucky’s Pub at 2520 Houston Avenue was severely damaged in the post-Harvey floods, along with being hit by a floating truck.
- Killen’s STQ — Hopefully opening on Friday night.
- Los Tios Mexican Restaurant — The chain’s location at 4840 Beechnut is closed for remodeling
- Brenner’s On The Bayou — Closed due to damage, expects to reopen in a month