When Katy’s up-and-coming Asian Town development is complete, the forthcoming development is going to be home to a ridiculously exciting slate of eateries.
Last year, Eater reported that James Beard-nominated chef Jianyun Ye would expand his restaurant Mala Sichuan Bistro to the development. Rumors of the eateries that would join Mala and H-Mart at the development have flown for weeks, but now a new flyer confirms that Katy Asian Town will also be home to a Korean barbecue restaurant, Asian noodle house, and at least two boba tea shops, among other options.
Scope out a full listing of the eateries that will open at Katy Asian Town, many of which were originally spotted by users on hawk-eyed Houston real estate forum HAIF:
- 92 Haus Korean BBQ — all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue.
- Soju 101 — A soju bar from Dallas that serves Korean fusion dishes like corn cheese, takoyaki, kimchi pancakes, and tempura.
- Phanh Ky — A Houston Vietnamese restaurant with an outpost on Bellaire Boulevard that serves hu tieu mi, a pork and seafood soup.
- Yummy Pho & Bo Ne — A local eatery that will serve pho and Vietnamese-style steak and eggs.
- Phat Eatery — Per HAIF, a Malaysian and Chinese restaurant.
- LA Hot Duck — A California-based Chinese chain that serves everything from roasted duck to conch and chicken feet slathered in a spicy sauce, all available for takeout.
- Atami Xpress — A quick-serve ramen shop that’s currently open inside Katy’s 99 Ranch Market.
- Mala Sichuan Bistro — A second outpost of the popular Sichuan restaurant from Chef Jianyun Ye.
- Square Root Poke — Per HAIF, a brand new poke shop.
- Sulbingsu Snow Ice — Per HAIF, a Korean-style shave ice shop.
- Lazy Mama Fusion Asian Kitchen — details TBD.
- Sharetea — A Taiwanese boba tea chain with iced and hot drinks.
Construction is still underway at Katy Asian Town, and no official opening dates for these restaurants have been announced. Stay tuned for more details.