Crab Station isn’t the only DFW-based seafood restaurant opening an outpost in Houston this summer. As Eater previously reported, Shell Shack, which serves seafood boils in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, is expanding to Houston too, and it won’t be long before Houston residents can try the chain’s “Kitchen Sink” boil with tons of seasoning options and plenty of butter.
The Houston Chronicle reports that Shell Shack’s first Houston location will open next month at 2412 Washington Avenue, in the building that once housed Social Junkie Sports Bar. The two-story space will have room for two bars, two patios, an inordinate amount of TVs for game watches, and a private dining room with space for up to 40 diners. Shell Shack will serve crab, shrimp, crawfish, and other crustaceans boiled in a bag with corn, sausage, and potatoes seasoned at various levels of spiciness.
- Shell Shack to open in Houston in July [Houston Chronicle]
- Dallas Seafood Boil Spot Shell Shack Is En Route to Houston [EHOU]
- Crab Station’s Spicy Shellfish Heads to Houston [EHOU]
- Where to Head for Good Seafood in Houston [EHOU]
- Shell Shack is Moving to Henderson Ave. Soon [EDFW]
- Social Junkie Opens in Sawyer Park’s Old Space [EHOU]
- Shell Shack [Official Site]