Fast-casual Italian is rounding out the roster at downtown’s forthcoming underground food hall Understory. Mona Fresh Italian Food will move into a 525-square-feet section of Understory, serving up a five-step menu. Diners can choose between pasta, panini or salad, then add Bolognese, prosciutto, meatball, burrata, and more toppings and garnishes — including snipping herbs from an organic garden. This will be the second location for the Mona Fresh Italian Food, which opened up last year in Katy from Chef Sidney Degaine, formerly of now-shuttered Cafe Azur in Montrose.
Earlier announced tenants at the 35,000-square-foot Understory at Capitol Tower include East Hampton Sandwich Co., Boomtown Coffee, and Mama Ninfa’s Tacos y Tortas. The food hall plans to open in 2019.
- Mama Ninfa’s Brings Tacos and Tortas to Downtown Food Hall Understory [EHOU]
- East Hampton Sandwich Company Takes Its Lobster Rolls Underground in Downtown [EHOU]
- Boomtown Coffee Will Debut a New Underground Location in Downtown [EHOU]
- Downtown is About to Get Its Fourth Food Hall [EHOU]
- Build-Your-Own Pasta Bowls Land In Katy [EHOU]
- Understory [Official Site]