Cane Rosso’s Montrose location just shuttered last week, but the neighboring Pit Room already has a new Tex-Mex eatery planned for the space.
The unnamed eatery will debut at 4306 Yoakum Boulevard in about six months, after the former Cane Rosso space gets a remodel and updated kitchen. The large patio will remain a focal point of the new restaurant.
According to a press release, the idea was in the works before the space was even available. “We have been wanting to do Tex-Mex ‘The Pit Room way’ for some time,” said Michael Sambrooks, owner-operator of the parent company Sambrooks Management, which assumed control of Star Fish, Sam’s Fried Chicken & Donuts, and Pi Pizza after the departure of Lee Ellis.
In his new role as culinary director of Sambrooks Management, Chef Lyle Bento (formerly of Southern Goods) will develop the menu for the forthcoming project. No word yet on exactly what dishes he plans to serve. Although according to the press release, diners can expect basic Tex-Mex fare like cheese enchiladas and beef fajitas, plus “exciting new offerings integrating the marriage of smoke [and] fire,” which is vague at best.
Look for the new Tex-Mex eatery to debut in mid-2019, and stay tuned for more info on its arrival.
- Cane Rosso’s Montrose Pizzeria Will Shutter This Weekend [EHOU]
- Cherry Pie Hospitality Finds New Owner for Heights Restaurants [Updated] [EHOU]
- Former Southern Goods Chef Lyle Bento Will Take Over Star Fish and Pi Pizza [EHOU]
- Cherry Pie Hospitality Sued For $1 Million Over Heights Ice Cream Shop [EHOU]
- Pi Pizza and Star Fish Slated to Reopen Tomorrow After Today’s “Banking Snafu” [EHOU]