Tomorrow is opening day for B.B. Italia Kitchen and B.B. Pizza, the two Italian restaurants from Benjamin Berg that are moving in to what was once classic Houston Italian restaurant Carmelo’s Cucina Italiana. Berg closed Carmelo’s in January in order to revamp the space.
On May 2, the space at 14795 Memorial Drive will soon be home to the 8,000-square-foot B.B. Italia Kitchen. It boasts more than 50 dishes on the menu, including pasta (as in “20-Layer Lasagna” and “Grandma’s Ravioli” with short rib stuffing), pizza, and entrees like chicken paillard or veal scallopini. There’s a large, horse shoe-shaped bar serving up a cocktail menu by B.B. Lemon’s beverage director, Monique Cioffi-Hernandez. Dine at a booth, one of six private and semi-private event spaces, or eat outside at the 850-square-foot boxwood-lined outdoor patio.
Then there’s B.B. Pizza To Go located inside the restaurant, with calzones, New York-style pizzas, hero subs, and more available for pick up (a delivery option is on the way).
Check out menus for the new restaurants below, with happy hour and brunch menus coming soon:
- Classic Italian Eatery Carmelo’s Will Be Revamped Into Two New Restaurants [EHOU]
- Carmelo’s Closes Until Late Spring For A Major Revamp [EHOU]
- Take A Walk Around B.B. Lemon, Washington Avenue’s New Cozy and Casual Stunner [EHOU]
- Ben Berg’s New Casual Eatery Opens Next Week on Washington Avenue [EHOU]
- Restaurateur Benjamin Berg Has Plans for a New Cafe Facing B&B Butchers [EHOU]