Filipino favorite Flip’n Patties is open for business at highly-anticipated Understory, the new food hall in Downtown Houston. Houstonia reported the news, noting that this is one of the first vendors at Understory to start serving up food — the list of eateries set to open up includes coffee, poke, pasta, sandwiches, and more.
“Opening Alert: Understory tastemaker @flipnpatties is now open! Savor their signature Filipino-inspired gourmet burgers and hand-cut, double fried French fries from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. on weekdays (the hours will expand in the months to come),” Understory’s Instagram reads.
Update: Matt Damborsky, executive vice president for Skanska USA Commercial Development in Houston, said in a statement:
We are pleased to announce that our first tastemakers, Flip ‘n Patties and Mona Fresh Italian Food, are now open in Understory at our premier Bank of America Tower development. We expect Understory’s full range of dynamic chef-driven concepts to open in July and look forward to exploring additional retail opportunities for this vibrant community hub in the coming months.
View this post on Instagram
Opening Alert Understory tastemaker @flipnpatties is now open! Savor their signature Filipino-inspired gourmet burgers and hand-cut, double fried French fries from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. on weekdays (the hours will expand in the months to come) In 2012, equipped with the knowledge passed on by their Filipino family—grandmas, uncles, moms—cousins Don and Michael Jante set out to take Houston diners on a culinary journey, where vibrant flavors from the Philippines and familiar American dishes interlace. Swipe left for a peek at an @eater video that captures the mouth-watering, sizzling results. Originally a food truck, Flip n’ Patties has grown into a brick and mortar location on North Eldridge, and its new home at Understory. #understoryhtx #exploringunderstory #houstonfoodie #houstoneats #houstontx #visithouston #downtownhouston #dthtx #eater #eaterhouston #flipnpatties
- Downtown Food Hall Understory Is Now Open [Houstonia]
- Filipino Burger Fave Flip’n Patties Will Open At Downtown Food Hall Understory [Updated] [EHOU]
- East Hampton Sandwich Company Takes Its Lobster Rolls Underground in Downtown [EHOU]
- Houston’s Forthcoming Underground Food Hall Will Of Course Have a Poke Stall [EHOU]
- Boomtown Coffee Will Debut a New Underground Location in Downtown [EHOU]
- Bolognese Pasta Is Headed to Downtown Food Hall Understory [EHOU]
- Downtown is About to Get Its Fourth Food Hall [EHOU]