Restaurateur Michael Sambrooks just opened the seafood-focused restaurant 1751 Sea and Bar this spring, and now his new Tex-Mex spot is ready to be unveiled this summer. Sambrooks and Sambrooks Management just announced that the restaurant will be called Candente, slated to open in mid-July at 4306 Yoakum Boulevard in Montrose. That’s the space that was once home to Cane Rosso’s Montrose location.
Sambrooks is behind Montrose barbecue favorite The Pit Room, and his empire’s been growing since Sambrooks Management took over Pi Pizza and Star Fish from Cherry Pie Hospitality. (1751 Sea and Bar opened up in the former Star Fish spot). For this next project, Candente will serve up classic Tex-Mex staples from a custom-built wood burning grill.
- Restaurant group unveils name, opening date of upcoming Tex-Mex restaurant [HBJ]
- New Heights Seafood Spot 1751 Sea and Bar Is Ready to Debut [EHOU]
- Tex-Mex Will Take Over the Space Recently Vacated By Cane Rosso in Montrose [EHOU]
- Shuttered Heights Seafood Restaurant Star Fish Will Undergo a Major Revamp [EHOU]
- Cherry Pie Hospitality Finds New Owner for Heights Restaurants [EHOU]