The hotly anticipated Downtown food destination Bravery Chef Hall has arrived with a handful of eateries and three new bars. Some exciting menu details for three of the newcomers are now available for diners to peruse before making the trek Downtown.
- Masterchef winner Christine Ha has debuted a menu of Nhau cuisine (Vietnamese small plates that are traditionally eaten while drinking an adult beverage) for takeaway at her new food stall The Blind Goat. Menu details include “Ma’s eggrolls,” banh khot, garlic greens, and rice bowls of beef short rib or goat curry. Ha will unveil a more extensive menu for diners who intend to eat at The Blind Goat counter, according to the post.
Presenting our takeaway #menu! These are the dishes available for ordering at the front counter for #togo or sitting...Posted by The Blind Goat on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Atlas Diner, from Chef Richard Knight of Feast and Hunky Dory, will be slinging all-day breakfast items including pancakes, kolaches, and masala dosa with eggs, in addition to globally influenced classy diner fare. Expect small plates like pork belly nachos and chicken & chips; greek salad; a chicken kiev sandwich; and more. Full menu details can be found on its website including a hint of a secret British menu, plus more brunch and late-night dishes to roll out in the coming months.
- Near Atlas Diner, the Secret Garden Patio Bar will sling coffee drinks, frozen cocktails, bottled drinks, and laid-back vibes.
- BOH Pasta & Pizza, is a project of acclaimed Houston chef Ben McPherson. Fresh pastas, Neapolitan-style pizzas, and wood-roasted proteins await.
- A “craft butcher and seasonal kitchen” called Cherry Block will serve a downright elevated-sounding menu of Gulf-inspired and mainland fare. Think shrimp & cracklins, gumbo with deviled potatoes, blackened catfish with alligator sausage, plus a ribeye, burger, and steak-worthy sides like sauteed green beans, mac ‘n’ cheese, mashed potatoes, and more.
- At Kokoro, former Uchi chefs Patrick Pham and Daniel Lee will serve grilled meats on skewers and sushi.
- Bravery Chef Hall partner Shepard Ross will oversee Bravery Wine Bar, boasting 30 wines on tap from around the globe.
- At the Indie Bar incubator, bartender David Cedeno (also known as “David Daiquiri”) will craft modern, molecular cocktails alongside libations on-tap and a selection of “hard-to-find” rums, vermouths, and spirits at a temporary pop-up called Lockwood Stn.
Bravery Chef Hall is now open for dinner service, and the hours will soon expand to Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., ON Friday and Saturday, Atlas Diner and the Secret Garden Bar will be open until 2 a.m.